Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year

Last night I went to the Moreton Hall pub to see in the new year. I had had to work until 4pm on new years eve and when I got home, prior to going out, I watched a bit of Television. Flicking through the channels available on Sky, there wasn't much that interested me, and set about cooking some pasta for dinner.
The wife had arranged to go to the Beefeater restaurant on the Angel Hill, with her friend who got married in Turkey along with another two girls, and I wasn't invited.
Slightly annoying, as I do like the food in there, particularly the Lamb Tava, but giving me the option to do as I pleased.
Deciding that if I wanted a seat for the evening, in the local, it would be best if I was there when it opened at 7pm to get one, and went out early.
The wife came to the pub with her friends, after her meal, and saw the new year in with me, and then she gave her friends a lift home as she doesn't drink, and was driving.
I fell asleep on the sofa, watching the soaps we had recorded, and woke up at 06:10 and went to bed.
Great night out (thanks Russell - the landlord).

No.5

No comments: