Sunday 27 January 2008

Free Range Chicken(2)

I cooked the free range Chicken, that I bought on Friday, for dinner this evening. I hadn't actually cooked a whole Chicken myself before, so followed the instructions.
Cook for 20 minutes for every 500g and add 20 minutes. The birds weight was 1.5Kg, so that's 1 hour 20 minutes, but it ended up being about an hour and 40 minutes, due to an air lock in the pipes in the bathroom, that needed sorting out.
I'd glazed over the bird with some olive oil and put it in a roasting bag, but maybe because of the slightly longer cooking time than the instructions stated, I did find the breast meat a little dry, but the leg meat was juicy.
I'm not totally convinced there was more flavour, but am happier knowing that the bird did get to see some daylight during its short life and scratch around outside, and will be buying free range again.

No.5

No comments: