Thursday 31 January 2008

Bavarian Beerhouse

I got up this morning at 04:20, drove around to my brothers house, nearby, to pick him up, and took him to Stanstead airport.
The last two years running I've gone with him to Germany, last year it was Berlin, the year before it was Munich. This year was back to Munich again, and I wished I was going too.
Previous years had been great, I like the cold air out walking around the cities, seeing the sights, finding out about life during WWII out there. Then warming up with a hot meal (particularly a hock of pork) washed down with a stein of beer, in a Bavarian beerhouse, that this time of year gives you.
We try to take in a Football match too, and saw Bayern Munich play. This time my bro's seeing 1860 Munich as it is easier to get tickets for them. They share a ground, the Allianz arena, but Bayern always sell out to the club's members.
I have next week off work, so I'm going to pick him up again, so I'll hear all about it 1st.

No.5

1 comment:

grumpyoldwoman said...

Why didnt you go this year? and if you couldnt go why didnt you invite me to go in your place - I am desperate to get away from Bury!