Monday 4 February 2008

Hand Wash

One evening last week I decided to hand wash my favourite merino wool jumper, along with another jumper that could probably have gone in the washing machine, but didn't want to take the chance of it shrinking.
Having rinsed out the kitchen sink, I put the plug in, ran the taps and added some colour care liquid, squished the jumpers around for a while, then left them to soak for a few minutes.
Returning to the sink I squeezed out the water from the jumpers and put them in the washing machine, first on a freshen up program that adds fabric conditioner, then on a spin.
Once done, I put each one on a hanger, and and hung them on a clothes hook, that goes over the top of a door, to air dry in the house, and they smelled great.
My favourite merino wool jumper I'd probably had for at least 6 years, and had always in the past been sure not to wear it if I was going to a pub (pre smoking ban) and it had never gone bobbly, with those little wool balls.
So when I got home from work the following evening, and looked at my jumpers hanging up, I was a bit annoyed, to say the least, to find at least a half a dozen small holes ripped in my favourite one.
The only thing I can think of, is that it was caused by the other jumper in the washing machine, because of jealousy (joking), no, because it has a metal zip I had left undone....GGGrrrrrrrr.

No.5

2 comments:

grumpyoldwoman said...

A man that hand-washes! Why are you already married - why didnt I find you first??? Doh...

Cashier No.5 said...

I was having dinner with my parents, and told them about my jumper. Mum said it might be the result of a wool hungry Moth. I'll never moan about Moth's splattered on my car again.