Saturday 16 February 2008

Are You Man U You.

I met up with a bunch of people I know from the Moreton Hall pub tonight, which incidentally closes tomorrow night for about 10 days for refurbishment, to watch the Man U v Arsenal game, in the Queen's Head.

Before I went in the "Queens", I called into Corals betting shop and put £1 on Man U to win 5-0 and £1 on Man U to win 5-1. Now after about 65 minutes Man U were winning 4-0, much to the annoyance of the Arsenal supporters I'd gone with, who knew about my bet, and the Man U fans couldn't care less how many they were winning by.
So for 25 minutes I was pleading for one more goal, "D'oh", as Homer Simpson would say. The odds on those two bets were 100/1. So I lost £2.
No.5

2 comments:

grumpyoldwoman said...

I got pringles and dips, magners and quiche, and mini scotch eggs and settled down to watch the rugby ------ and it wasnt on ---- arrgghh! Bl**dy football.....

Cashier No.5 said...

It's a little more difficult to predict the score in Rugby, but with those nibbles and dips, I'm converted.