Saturday 25 August 2007

Bury Town

I woke up this morning, went into the bathroom, opened the window blind, and guess what, sunshine ! Am I still in England, I wondered ?



This view as you make your way down Mount road, with the morning sun on your back, lights up the Catherdral tower brilliantly.

Done some shopping in town with the wife, including getting a pair of trousers and a shirt, for our friends wedding in September. Then took a little drive around the countryside out around Whepstead way.

Just before 3pm I went down to Ram Meadow to watch Bury Town V Great Wakering Rovers. Entry cost £6.00 and the man on the turnstile also let me bring my bicycle through for a bit of added security.



The game starts, and its hot out there. Each time there is an injury to a player, the rest of the players rush over to the dug outs to get a much needed drink of water.

After 20 minutes Bury go a goal up. After a cross goes flashing across the six yard box, with no one to meet it, but Wakering fail to clear, and a Bury player turns it in for 1-0.

Just after this Bury's number 3 at left back picks up a knock and the former Ipswich player Gavin Johnson comes on as substitute.

On 36 minutes, see's the best move of the game, and a slick pass puts the ball through to a Town forward to slots the ball home for 2-0.


Half time and the, so far unused, substitutes come on the pitch to loosen up.

Second half and Bury Town go 3-0 up and put the game beyond Great Wakering. I walk back around the pitch to where I was originally standing near the dug outs, and a while later the full time whistle goes.



This is the guy who reports for Radio Suffolk. He has a very unusual and distinctive voice, he often reports on Ipswich Wanderers home games, and was strange to put a face to the voice.




After the Final whistle, the small crowd filtered away, and while chatting to someone I knew, part of the match day sponsors, Gavin Johnson came back out of the dressing room for a warm down.

I couldn't help but go over for a chat, and a pic. When I asked about seeing tomorrows Ipswich game, he said he hoped to get a phone call about going, from someone tonight.




I left the Ram meadow ground and the river was looking nice around the area where it flows down the back of the car park near C.D. Friends garage behind the Broadway, off Eastgate St.

2 comments:

joetta70 said...

James you have some very nice pics in your blogs, Hope to one day see them, that is before my passport runs out hahah

joetta70 said...

James You have some really nice pictures in your blogs, It would be nice to come there one day and visit you and your wife whom is my best friend in the world. Maybe one day before my passport runs out I can.