Sunday 5 August 2007

Fed The ducks

Usual story today, in as much I had to go to the Discount Warehouse Store in Anglian lane, where I got 4 candle light bulbs for £1, then Sainsbury's for groceries.

I was sat in the back garden reading yesterdays Sun newspaper at 10am when I heard a motorbike pull up on my drive. It was my mate Steve (Buzz) who I hadn't seen since about April. So I got the kettle on and made us a brew, it was great to catch up with him. We often meet in town on a Saturday, usually in the Kings Arms, before going on to the Grapes to see the Live Band they have on. But I have been a bit put off lately with stabbings and beatings, in Bury St.Edmunds ! Buzz was approached and threatened walking up Hatter Street at about 8pm one Saturday to meet me, a guy said he'd put a knife in his back, charming.

After the shopping thing, and putting the groceries away, the wife and I took some old bread down the Abbey Gardens to feed the ducks from the bridge. There were a few people gathered on the bridge and watched mainly my wife throw the bread into the river for the ducks. She did get a laugh from some of them as well, when she said "they won't get fat its weight watcher bread". I had to go find some shade beneath a tree as it was 29/85 deg and I'm Fair skinned.


No.5

No comments: