Monday 11 June 2007

Every Sunday

Every Sunday my wife insists i take her to the Discount Warehouse Superstore off Anglian Lane, beside County upper school. Now if you've ever visited this shop not much changes week to week apart from seasonal goods, like any shop does, such as Christmas goods, fireworks, and garden furniture. We do buy a few odd bits there like soap, light bulbs, bedding plants and bird fatballs.


Anyway off we go again this sunday, its on the other side of town from us, and walk round without buying anything at all this week. We then stopped in the town centre and called in a few shops before going to Sainsbury's, where the wife works, to get groceries.
Coming out of Sainsbury's I'm told that we have to go for a ride around the countryside in the car before I can think about going to the pub for a pint. So after cramming all the food into the cupboards and fridge freezer we set off and go through Gt Barton,Ixworth, Bardwell, Stanton, Hepworth, Wattisfield, Finningham, Bacton, Haughley and back to Bury via the A14.
When we got back to Bury we stopped at the John Banks Honda, Mitsubishi, Suzuki garage, for a look round at my wifes request ! Her favourite was a Mitsubishi truck for £22k but it will be staying on the forecourt with my budget. I then dropped myself off for a pint or 2, and the wife took the car home.
No.5

3 comments:

Christina S said...

I've never been to that Discount Store but have always meant to - every time I passed it in a rush to get to County Upper for a parent's evening or something. Thanks for reminding me about it - I'll give it a go sometime soon!

And btw, thanks for the link.

Her indoors said...

Hi No.5. Welcome to the blogosphere. I love the Discount Store. I've managed to get Cat Food in German, kids socks for just a £1 and lots of art supplies at really cheap prices (not to mention the biscuits). I'm itching for another visit now.

Cashier No.5 said...

I have to admit I have taken a trolley into the store, but only to go into the garden centre section for peat and plants. But there a lot of good deals to be had.