Tuesday 26 June 2007

Dilemma

Last night I picked up a book I'd been lent by someone who drinks in the Moreton hall pub. I like reading autobiography's and they had lent me Vinnie Jones's, and I had read four chapters. When I got home from work today, there sat on the doormat the new issue of FHM. A couple of months ago Emap magazines had cold called (I used to subscribe) to see if I wanted to take up a new offer. I could have the next 3 for £1, then the next 3 after that for £9, but I could cancel the second lot of three, after the second issue of the first three, (stay with me).
So tonight my dilemma is shall I carry on with the book, or open the plastic on the magazine, throwing in the blue bin the dozen or so junk leaflets enclosed with it, and read that.
I think the book is going to win because I was enjoying it, and was keen to read it tonight, until the magazine arrived, so do I sound con vince d....pun using Vincent Jones' name.

No.5

2 comments:

todaysdaze said...

I love autobiographies too, and thought Vinnie's book was excellent when I read it several years ago.
Tony Adams book was pretty good too, but the autobiography I just could not put down was "Goodbye dearest Holly" It is about the Soham murders written by Holly's father and was a real insight to the families whole experience from the day the girls went missing through to the trial and after. It was gut wrenching but well worth reading.

Cashier No.5 said...

to todaysdaze..The Tony Adams one I'll keep a lookout for, sounds my cup of tea. I often look in the charity shops for Auto's then give them back to sell again. Recently read Terry Butchers,Gordon Ramseys, and Andy Grays aswell. But the funniest was Frank Skinner. The Holly one might make me bawl(cry) to much.