Friday 29 June 2007

Cold Calling

I got home tonight from work tonight, and started dinner. I'd cubed two chicken breasts and marinated them in lime and coriander sauce, from a bottle, and put a bag of rice on to boil. Then I hear bbbrrr.. bbbrrr...from the phone. I have caller display and it was a Bury No. I didn't recognise, so I picked it up.
"Hello this is ***** from Drive Vauxhall, how are you". Me " I'm cooking my dinner at the moment" .***** " thats nice, would you like to change your car". Me "I told you in January, February, March and now June, I don't want to change my F***ing car until next F***ing year, how many times must I tell you". *****"Ok, thanks very much, bye".
A few minutes later I call back on the number that called me, and its the same person who called me. ***** "Hello, Drive Vauxhall, ***** speaking". Me "hello,can I speak to your manager please". *****"Yes, who's calling". Me "I'll tell your manager that". *****"Can I ask what its about". Me "I'll tell them myself". Call gets Transferred.
I point out my disgust at the four calls I've had this year, and the lady I speak to reassures me I won't now get any more. I enquired if I have my car M.O.T'd there next month are they going to start again. "No" she replied.
me,"Ok, thank you, have a nice evening,bye"

No.5

No comments: