Monday 12 November 2007

Playing Marbles On A Slope

1st day of my week off work, after the weekend, and my brilliant dad came round to replace my knackered power shower with a new one. I had to pop out and post off the jeans I'd sold on eBay, get a newspaper, half a dozen bathroom tiles and a 22mm ball valve. So having been to the Post Office, I called into Tesco express for a paper, Topps Tiles 8p per 6" 2 white tile, and Plumb Centre for the valve, and returned home.
Once back home, dad suggested that if I got another additional valve then they'd all be replaced in one go, so I go back to Plumb Centre for another. I pull up outside, walk towards the door and realise I have no wallet and therefore no method to pay, so back home I go again.
On the way back again, down past the Shell petrol station, I am not thinking about where I'm going, and I'm going past Sainsbury's when I realise I've gone past the turning, and am losing my marbles.

No.5

2 comments:

Picklesmum said...

Sounds like you need the holiday! When's the Mrs back? Where has she gone?

Cashier No.5 said...

I have 2 out of three weeks to go. She is seeing her family in USA