Tuesday 13 November 2007

Bathroom Flooring

I decided when I got up this morning, that the bathroom flooring was coming up. It has been the same flooring since I bought the house 11 years ago, cork tiles with a varnish over them. I don't know why I haven't done it before now, as I have had to re-varnish the tiles 3 or 4 times when it starts to blister and peel, and they have probably looked out of date since whenever they were put down.
I left 7 tiles still to take up, so I don't end up stuck to the floor boards while paying a visit, and went to Allied Carpets for some Lino. I need something like Lino so I can sweep up any spilled cat litter from the box I have in the bathroom.
I had been in the store previously with the wife so I knew already which one I was after, and made my purchase. I also needed to arrange a fitter to put the Lino down for me as there are many pipes, sink, and toilet to cut round. I asked if it could be fitted Thursday or Friday, appreciating that it was a bit short notice, and the shop assistant said, they were all to busy those days, would tomorrow (Wednesday) be alright.
So it had to be, because I'm back at work next week, but had wanted to finish up some tiling in the bathroom where the old shower was 1st.
Never mind, at least it shows good service can be got.

No.5

No comments: