Friday 6 July 2007

There's no friends without smoke

After work tonight, I called home first, then it was off to the local, (It is Friday). I get myself a pint, and join the regulars, there's about seven around the table that I know, and exchange a few pleasantries. Someone leaves, because they have to be elsewhere, and I take their seat at the table.


Well after a while, they all decide that its time for a smoke. So there I sit like Billy no mates, while they are all outside having a cigar or cigarette, looking after their phones, keys and drinks until they've had their nicotine fix, and come back in.


No.5

1 comment:

grumpyoldwoman said...

I too went out at the weekend to celebrate the long-awaited smoke-free atmosphere of my local hostelries. First thing I noticed was the smell - disinfectant, washing-up liquid and BO - nice. After a while I decided that all the fun was being had by the smokers outside and gravitated to 'smokers corner' - and after all my moaning about smelling of smoke in the morning!!!!