Friday 13 July 2007

Lemon Tree

A couple of years ago I put a lemon pip, from a lemon purchased in a supermarket into the pot of another plant sitting on the kitchen window sill, and was a bit surprised it started shooting and leafs started to sprout. About a year later and I thought I'd better take it out and give it its own pot. When I started trying to get it out, I found the roots had gone really deep and were probably twice as deep as the plant was tall.


The plant pot I was going to put it in was not going to be deep enough, so an alternative had to be found. So the only thing I could think of was to cut the top off a 2 litre coke bottle.
It now has one really huge leaf on it. When you rub the leafs now, you do get a very strong citrus smell on your hands.
These trees in garden centres, when they are a lot bigger, go for something like £60 a piece. Anyway this needing a bigger, deeper pot again.

No.5

No comments: