Sunday 8 July 2007

Last night

Last night I cycled over to the Thurston, Fox and Hounds, at about 5pm for the stag night of a guy called Pete, that I know.
My route took me past the Flying Fortress and along beside the Rougham airfield. I hadn't heard about it, but there was something like a folk music festival going on, and people camping there.
As I rode along the cycle path, on the other side of the fence, its like a tennis court fence, there was a marquee and as I got closer I could see, and hear, people seated around the perimeter of the marquee, inside, playing lots of bongo drums.
A bit further on, amongst the tents of people camping, there was a guy taking a pee up against the fence, and I coughed loudly at my disgust at having to look down "the barrel of his gun".
Over in the Fox and Hounds, I had the same meal I had the last time I was there, around March time, a rack of hickory smoked ribs. They are soooo good. If you're thinking of going, they are only on the evening menu from 7pm, £8.99.
On the cycle ride back, I left about 9pm, a bit early I know, taking extreme care crossing the railway line, after a few pints. I pass the Rougham airfield (no one taking a leak) but this time, in a different marquee, I could hear didgeridoo's being played.
Once home, I watched some of the earth concert on TV, and thought Madonna was good, I've seen her twice in concert at Wembley in the past.


No.5

1 comment:

Christina S said...

LOL @ your description of the folk festival and "looking down the barrel of the gun" !!!! What an unpleasant sight to have to witness!!!

We enjoyed Madonna as well, was the best act IMO.