Monday 15 October 2007

My Day Off

Not quite in the same league as the film "Ferris Bueller's day off" today. I did try making my teeth as white as his, by flossing and brushing, before leaving the house. I dropped the wife off at work, and put some petrol in the car. Then called at Pets Place at Moreton Hall Veterinary Centre to get some cat food.


Then I drove into town and parked the car behind the Arc development, before heading down King's Road to my Dentists in Guildhall Street for a check-up, hence my tooth polishing.

Is the missing plaque because of a retiring Dentist or a disappearing NHS one ? After a few prods and pokes and £30 lighter, and I didn't even get to rinse out with any of the liquid in the little cup beside the Dentists chair, it was green in colour, that Is mine ! It was there for me !
After the Dentists, I called in my usual Hairdressers for a haircut with Mark, so it was out of one chair and into another, no green mouth rinse in here, and I was in this chair longer for only £10.

(Its not my bicycle).

Having got my ears lowered, I called in Boots the chemist to see my mum, before I went home. Mum asks if I'd had lunch and suggested we went to Palmers as it was almost her lunch hour. Nice idea, I was in no hurry to be anywhere, and the car park ticket was for way longer than I had needed, because I hadn't had the right change for the meter.

We had some sandwiches and a pot of tea each, then walked back up St.Andrews Street and took this picture of the 4 cranes that now stand on the Arc site, before getting back to the car.

Back home and its time for a shower to get all the hair off me making me itch.

No.5

3 comments:

Picklesmum said...

OOOH!! A Boots Mum? Has she worked there ages? Do I know her? I left 10 years ago but I still recognise some of them! Tell Tell!!

Christina S said...

I quite like the lunch place in Palmers - it's very hidden, and unless you happen to know it's there, you probably wouldn't find it. Nice crane piccy :-)

Picklesmum said...

I go to one of those Dentists in Guildhall Practice. I pay £54 but I do get to swill the mouth rinse for that much!