Saturday 6 October 2007

Sober, not So Bar.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I like my beer or lager. Well I haven't had one now since the 23rd September, not for any particular reason, but it has been tough, mainly because I don't like the alternative options.
Yes I like a cup of tea in the morning, and a can of Dr.Pepper during the day, but its the evening I miss the flavour of an Old Speckled Hen.
Water is to plain, squash doesn't improve it much, and I don't enjoy coffee. Orange juice is too acidic for my stomach and tends to give me a headache, and fizzy drinks supposedly rot your teeth, which is what I tend to end up drinking.
I called in the Moreton Hall pub today, it is nice being able to drive to and from it, and if the Australia v England rugby match hadn't of been on to distract me, I don't think I could of stayed there for as long as I did, because I would of been bored and also tempted to have a beer.
Do I feel better for not drinking ? In a way yes, its nice getting up in the morning without a hangover, but I don't usually drink that much to give me one.

Conversation I had with a young Australian woman yesterday.....
Me: Are you watching the rugby tomorrow ?
Woman: Yes
Me: I don't know whether too or not.
Woman: Yeah, we always beat you.
Me: Well you didn't 4 years ago!...hahahaha. (In the World Cup Final)

Great rugby result today though, and we're in the semi-finals.

Just got to also mention the song I found by my favourite musician, Paul Weller, called, Call Me No.5 ! I had never heard of it till last night. Hear it by clicking at top of right column, it rocks, although I have noticed it does disappear, sometimes, from the blog.

No.5

2 comments:

Picklesmum said...

Cool, your own song. Who's going to record Picklesmum I wonder?

Picklesmum said...

Hi, I have blog tagged you with a 'capture a screenshot of your computer's desktop' challenge.
Good Luck.