Friday 12 October 2007

GGGrrrrrr

I was asked, at work, if I wanted to go to a broadband seminar, in Newmarket, that is being launched very soon, in conjunction with our home phone service.

As the wife and I share a car, I had to go on the train, to it today. I arrived at the station and the what I call kennels, for locking your bike in, were all in use....GGGrrrrrr, So I took my bike on the train.

I got to Newmarket at 09:15, and with a bit of time to kill before the seminar started at 10:00, I decided to cycle up past the clock tower to the green where some of the horses get exercised, and take a couple of pictures. I took my camera, out as a bunch of horses had just arrived (I'm not sure of the collective name for horses), turned it on and beep, beep, beep..low battery and it shuts off...GGGrrrrrr. I replace the batteries with 2 more (rechargeable AA's) and their dead too...GGGrrrrrr.
Not defeated yet, there is a BP petrol station across the road and I go to see if I can buy some there. No, they don't stock any...GGGrrrrrr.
So I gave up, and only managed to get this pic of Bury St.Edmunds station, before I left for Newmarket on my excursion.
Anyway, from the 29th of October, if you want to know the fastest download speed you can get at your house, ask in, you know where.

No.5

1 comment:

Display Name said...

Wikipedia has the collective noun for horses as:
"herd AND/OR harass"
(here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animal_names )

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collective_nouns_by_collective_term
it gives "field" as the collective for racehorses.

How much you can rely on what Wikipedia says these days is, of course, another matter!