Sunday 21 February 2010

Conversations

This first one took place at 5:20pm Friday, with a well known person who used to sleep rough in Bury St.Edmunds.

Note the time
Customer "Morning"
Me "Just got up have we" ?
Customer "What are the mugs on the counter for"
Me "they are free if you have a life insurance quote"
Me "its from as little as £5-7 a month"
Customer "where am I going to get that money from"
Me "do you have anyone you'd like to leave something to"
Customer "No"
Me "if you believe in re-incarnation you could make your will out, and leave it to yourself" !

Lots of chuckling breaks out.
I don't think I'm going to sell many life insurance policies with that line.

This second one was Saturday morning, with an elderly gentleman (possibly a bit bonkers), with some letters to post.

Me "Morning"
Customer "Morning, I can't get used to this" "I've been away for 40 years" (meaning abroad)
Me "That is a long stretch" (meaning in jail)

He either didn't hear me, or chose to ignore my comment.

No.5

No comments: