Monday 2 March 2009

Playing God

My wife decided that today was the day to say goodbye to Tiggy. The aggressive tumour had grown back and was causing the Cat breathing difficulties, trouble eating and was affecting her right eye. The Cat had spent the morning laying in the sunshine in the bay window watching the world go by, and had had some Tuna to eat.

My Wife couldn't face going to the Vets herself, so I made the short journey with her to Moreton Hall Veterinary Surgery. While I stood at the reception desk, a man and his young daughter also stood waiting behind me. The young girl pointed out our cat in her pet taxi to her dad. Please don't want to look closely at her, I thought to myself. I didn't want to have to explain why we were there.

Called soon after arriving into a side room, a vet and a nurse, very professionally, undertook the reason for us being there, with one injection to a front paw.


This is one of the last pictures I took of her sitting at our back door. "Sleep well" were my last words to her.

2 comments:

Picklesmum said...

Rest in peace little one. Remember the happy times with her x x x

grumpyoldwoman said...

How I remember how that feels. My own cat had been part of our family for 17 years and a more horrible cat you would struggle to find. He was half-feral and clawed and bit us all with abandon. But when I held his heavy head as he was put to sleep I thought my world had ended. They live on in our hearts dont they. I am sure Tiggy was grateful for the happy life and peaceful end. x