Sunday 22 March 2009

Me, Juvenile ?

I was offered a ticket, by a work colleague, for yesterdays Ipswich v Watford match, and as other plans had gone wrong, I accepted.

I was going to go to Cambridge, and meet up with my Bro and his mate from Cambourne and watch the Rugby, but unfortunately my brother had had a full industrial wheelie bin go over his right foot at the printers he works for, meant he couldn't do it on crutches.

My colleagues spare season ticket was their daughters under 20 ticket, which works out at less than half price, but I decided to try my luck at getting in without paying for the upgrade. I'm 39 soon, so it was a bit of an ego boost to get in without being challenged with a juvenile ticket.

The players used to run out on to the pitch applauded by the crowd to music, boosting the crowds enthusiasm. Now it is like a funeral procession to the halfway line, then both teams shake hands, where in a child's voice, it is announced no one is allowed to swear or make racist comments, the latter understandable.
Anyway the game ends 0-0, but Ipswich appeared to have more possession and more goal scoring opportunities than Watford, just couldn't score. I was impressed with Jon Stead's performance and think he was "our" best player.

No.5

No comments: