Saturday 8 September 2007

No More Working For A Week Or Two

This Morning I got up at 2am. At half past the hour, I picked up the Bride and Groom (they get married Thursday) to Take them to Gatwick Airport. When I dropped them off I said "see you on Monday". The journey took me 3 hours and 45 minutes in total, and once back from the airport, I got a very quick 45 minutes sleep on the sofa, before needing to leave for work.

A quiet morning at work with not many customers, and at closing time (12:30) begun two weeks annual leave, and on Monday the wife and I fly from Luton Airport to Olu deniz - Turkey, for a week, and attend the wedding. I've not had a beach holiday for 10 years, and I prefer to have my main holiday earlier in the year, and it seems to have taken for ever to come round.

Home from work and a bit later, without any more sleep, I go out to watch the England v Israel game kicking off at 5pm on TV, in the Local. Now, if you've visited the Moreton Hall pub, you may not have noticed it does have a TV screen on the wall, but it is discreetly covered over. Not a lot of people know that ;-) and makes it quite exclusive, (no satelite TV). 3-0 to England, and I'll have to find somewhere to see the game against Russia Wednesday night, out in Turkey.

Packing the cases tomorrow, and taking the camera. Might see if I can blog somewhere out there, a pic or two, if not, see if you can see me in BuzzBeachBar http://88.247.218.158:81/view/index.shtml

No.5

2 comments:

todaysdaze said...

and just how fast were you driving cashier? you made great time!

Christina S said...

Hope you've had a great time in Turkey! Did you manage to find somewhere over there to watch the match??