Sunday 2 September 2007

Greene King Suffolk Cup - Final

Having done our usual thing today, if you've read this blog before, Discount warehouse, Sainsbury's, drive round a few villages, came home and packed the groceries away by about 2:45pm.

So while the wife went off to experiment with a few make-up products on the bride to be, ahead of next week, coz she's doing her make-up on the big day, I cycled down to the Victory ground, on Nowton Road.

Today, Sunday, was the Greene King Suffolk Cup Final between Bury St.Edmunds C.C. and Mildenhall C.C.

Cricket is kind of my second sport after football. My dad used to get me, bro' and a few of my school friends, on a summers evening, and go bowl a few overs in Ickworth Park. My bro' was quite a good bowler, but suffered a back injury, that stopped him early on.

Pic above shows Mark Geeves bowling for Bury today, and he took three wickets for 26 runs. I've know Mark for at least 15 years, since my Beehive days chatting to his father over a pint or two.


Action shot, and the Mildenhall batsmen edges it down to the slip, who is anticipating the stop.



View from the Pavilion. With Mildenhall in bat. (spot the ball competition)

Bury batted first and scored 268 off their 50 overs. Mildenhall were requiring over 10 runs an over, and with their main batsmen out, it was going to be a tall feat. They end up all out for 227.

No.5

No comments: