Saturday 29 September 2007

Fishing

Having got the cob-webs off my fishing tackle last night, I went out to look for some worms, as an alternative to the sweetcorn, for bait. The easiest way to get worms isn't as you might think to dig for them, but to go out late at night and grab them laying out on grass, particularly if its been raining like it had. Now for some reason public grassy areas are always better than your own lawn for finding worms on. There I was with a bait tub in one hand and a torch in the other at 11pm when I spot a "hoodie" coming my way. As he gets close he says "you lost somefing mate?" as I'm shining the torch on the grass. "No, I'm looking for worms" I replied, and nothing else was said as he walked past.




I got up this morning at 6am and headed off to the lake I had planned to fish, arriving at about 6:45 am and there was only one other mad person already there, as daylight was just breaking. I started off using sweetcorn as bait, hoping to catch the Carp that inhabit the lake, but after about 2 hours without a single bite I switched to a worm to see if a Perch might be interested, which produced instant success.


I caught about 6 or 7 of these very quickly and this was probably the biggest of them at about 6 ounces, but it was the Carp I had come to the lake to catch, so I switched back to the corn and the bites stopped again.


As the morning became afternoon I needed to get home, so having had no luck using sweetcorn I switched once again to worms, to put a bend in the rod, and pulled out about another 6 small Perch, before packing up.

Two fish swim into a concrete wall and one says to the other "Dam"

No.5

No comments: