Friday 11 July 2008

Skimmer's

I popped down to Sainsbury's this morning to get a newspaper, sandwich, and a marinade for some Chicken I had planned for diner.
Outside the store, on Bedingfield way, was a Police car that had, again, been called to a card skimming device place on one of the cash point machines (aka ATM's).
I hadn't used the machine, although I have in the past, but I do try pulling about any machine I put my card in, before it asks for my PIN.
A member of my family had their card skimmed, at a petrol station in Bury St.Edmunds, and about £1400 was taken from their account in Malaysia. But the bank they were with were superb, and gave them the money back really quickly.

No.5

1 comment:

Christina S said...

Mr Rubes had his card skimmed recently - but we think it might have happened in London. £1,500 got taken out somewhere in Croatia- I didn't even know it was possible to get that much off our cards!! But luckily he got it refunded - 2 weeks later, which was a bit of a wait, but at least it came.