Friday 4 July 2008

My Car Failed Its M.O.T. Test

I took my car to A.P.T.E.C in Eastgate street again yesterday, for its annual MoT test. I left it with them and wandered into town to do a couple of other things. Any way the phone didn't ring, so as I wandered back to pick the car up I thought everything must be O.K. ...wrong.

"Mr No.5 its Failed" The pound signs start going through my head, how much is this going to cost ? "We couldn't do it for you now, we don't have the part". I start to read the test report "Near side rear shock absorber has a serious fluid leak".



That would explain the patch of fluid on my driveway roughly where that back wheel stops. "We estimate it will be £116.00". Not as bad as I first feared.
So with the MoT running out this coming Tuesday, the cars going back to the nice people there Monday.

No.5

3 comments:

grumpyoldwoman said...

I took mine to Central Tyres and one of the things marked down for attention was 3 tyres close to legal limit. After it had passed its MOT I took it to Hardwick Tyres and Exhausts to have the tyres checked and they are all fine - methintgs CT were hoping for a bit of unnecessary business.....

Cashier No.5 said...

I also had 2 ropey tyres, and worn brake pads. But shoke was only failure. So I'll get the others done before next year, becauce I know they are right at aptec.

grumpyoldwoman said...

Maybe I will take Hester (the Fiesta) there next time - certainly wont to CT again. BTW I just missed you at the pub tonight but your pal informed me you were drunk - ha ha.