Saturday 9 August 2008

Fish Pond (2)

I posted this time last year about a friends Fish pond that I was looking after, while he was away on holiday with his family.

Well he's away again this year, for 2 weeks in France, but this time I'm also in charge of watering the flowers and vegetables, feeding the Hamster called sandy and moving the post from the doormat.

On Thursday morning I had a text from him, asking is the house O.k. To which I replied "House fine, Fish fine, Hammy fine" and also "Guess you've heard about St Felix". Back came "What about St Felix". Uh Oh you haven't I take it.

My friends wife is a teacher at the school in Newmarket, that burned down on Tuesday, and I thought that they would have heard about it from her colleagues, but they hadn't. Had I just ruined their holiday ?

I text them a few more details about what had happened, and a picture of Sandy.

No.5

2 comments:

grumpyoldwoman said...

What an adorable little hamster - want one now, and its all your fault!

Bury Boy said...

Grumps they are pets not a nice little snack.....LOL